OKOTOKS OILERS ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF COACH DEVELOPMENT
OOAA is looking to fill the position of Director of Coach Development starting with the 2023/2024 season. This position reports directly to the executive of the OOAA and is a key person in the overall development of the hockey operations of the association.
The Director of Coach Development is a paid position and will require engagement into an employee contract with the OOAA.
Duties of Coach Director:
- Works closely with the OOAA executive and Division Directors is all coaching matters of the association
- Coordinate the Coach Selection Committees annually for the open coach positions
- Coordinates and approves coach development
- Meets regularly with Coaching Staff and assists them with their concerns
- Observes a sample of team practices and games through the season to ensure the Policies and Procedures are being observed
- Ensure that a Head Coach performance survey is completed by Parents and Players
- Hosts a year end meeting with each Head Coach at the completion of the hockey season
- Makes recommendations to the Coach Selection Committee and the Board regarding the retention of a Head Coach for a subsequent season
- Works with the Spring Showcase committee on the format and involvement of the coaches
Interested candidates please email your resume to Rob Ellis at email@example.com